The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Mortgage payoff

Reviewing my option to pay off my mortgage earlier. Within the 5 year limit seeing as I have a 5/1 ARM and know what happens to the interest rates afterward. Im thinking that even with my money now going to ING, I'm surprised that I could have done more with my previous mortgage company. I didnt put in any extra payments towards them and at the refinance was the only time that I paid into the loan, basically to bring it down to $75,000. My life is going to revolve around these next 5 years approaching and I'm considering leaving my job.

My spouse would be the sole breadwinner in the home with a take home income of approximately $2100 a month after taxes. This is not including any kinds of insurance that we may have to get. I was running numbers to figure what type of fund I should have before I venture off without a job. I was even thinking that a measly part time job would be worth it because we could use the money from my paycheck to sustain us for food and fun however the bills would be taken through her monthly allowance.

More accurate numbers on this later... TBC

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Blog. I enjoyed reading it. If you get a moment, There is no better time than now to learn about best refinance mortgage rate http://thehomemortgageguide.com Need Information on purchasing a home? best refinance mortgage rate

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my article card consolidation credit debt site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my article card consolidation credit debt site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters