The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Retire Early

With all the reasons why NOT to retire, there are always bright sides.

Top 10 Reasons to Retire Early

Reason number 10.
I want to spend more time with my family.
Reason number 9.
I want to spend more time huntin' and fishin'.
Reason number 8.
I want to lower my golf handicap.
Reason number 7.
Work interferes with what I really want to do with my life.
Reason number 6.
I'm not interested in working nights and weekends.
Reason number 5.
Once I'm retired, every day will feel like Saturday.
(Of course, we hope this doesn't apply to those currently working nights and weekends.)
Reason number 4.
In this company, looking busy means more than being productive.
(Especially, looking busy on nights and weekends.)
Reason number 3.
It's the ultimate in employee empowerment.
Reason number 2.
Instead of contributing to my 401k, I should be shorting company stock.
And, the number 1 reason to Retire Early.
I'm sick of kissing the great white corporate behind.

courtesy of: http://www.retireearlyhomepage.com
Copyright © 1997 John P. Greaney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters