The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Birthdays vs. Savings?

Am I crazy? Seriously after reading all these pf blogs and doing financials, I think more and more that we as saving individuals are a rare breed. Honestly if I'm saving approximately 73% of our take home pay to reduce debt and invest, I find it more difficult to break away from the saving routine. Not to say that its a bad thing but let me explain the situation. This week we had a birthday that was a huge hit to the savings funds. The debate was that since it was a very very close friend that we should spend a bit more on a gift, however our monies (AFTER savings) would not cover this. I explained that the disciplined saver would find a way to stretch the money we did have for the gift instead of dipping into our ritual savings. The wife stated that we can adjust our budget for next month. I necessarily don't agree with that bc I hate being off track and "adjusting". Its the pricing on my good friend's gift that was unforseen. In the moment, we purchased the gift and attended his party. Am I crazy for spending for a lavish gift or am I just being stingy? The cost of gift: $200

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters