The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Personal Finance Podcasts and taxes :P

I came across the world of podcasts today. Its so intriguing to actually hear others talk about personal finance, mainly because in my area we dont have any personal finance shows or anything related to such. I love the alley; Podcast Alley, in which there are so many different podcasts. I believe anyone with a microphone can have this. Here are a few of my favorites that I just started getting into, No Credit Needed, Money Blogger Podcast, and the Debt Podcast. I love how they are all different and show different perspectives on money. There aren't enough hours in the day to really sit and listen because I work 8-10hrs a day, but I'll try. If anyone has any other suggestions of good podcasts, let me know! :)

Finally, we got my work's W-2s in the mail so I labeled a manilla folder '2005 Taxes' and put all of our goodwill contribution slips in there with my Trowe Price investment statements. My tax program is HRBlock for federal free filing. Then I use the state filing free from their website. Ughhhhh.... tax time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the pf podcasts are a great new thing coming out. I look forward to more of them.

12:00 AM  
Blogger NCN said...

Hey! Thanks for the mention of my new podcast. Hope you can "squeeeeez" it into your busy week.
ncnblog.com
ncnpodcast.com

2:38 PM  
Blogger Amdollar said...

LOL... I will try! I enjoy the pod casts so much, Im trying to get my wife hooked on them because we drive about 30 miles everyday to work.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters