The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Monday, January 16, 2006

Weekend Warrior!

Well it seems that I was a weekend warrior. I felt I was on one of those bob villa/ home edition makeover/ road house warrior (don't know if that is a real show), but it was a busy weekend. I completely stripped the 4 layers of stuck wallpaper to the master bath. The previous owners thought it would be sooooo much easier to just put layer upon layer upon layer of wallpaper everytime they got bored with the current pallet. Needless to say the job took approx. 20 hrs total this weekend. That includes stripping previous owners wallpaper, scrubbing excess glue on wall, prepping wall for paint (sanding, filling in holes), putting up a white coat of paint, and of course clean up. I did have some snags like taking off the towel bar and working around the toilet, but I'm glad it worked out. Total cost: $6 for 4 cups of coffee. I had all the tools and supplies, so I made it without a home depot/walmart trip. I enjoy home projects like that bc I also didn't think about money all weekend. Its a mindless refresher or it could have been the paint fumes. Now its back to the grind Monday and I'm in full financial swing. Updates on accounts coming later today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters