The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Addiction

Ok I'll admit it; I have become an addict.
A podcast addict.
A huge podcast addict.
I have been listening every non-working waking minute to everything about financials from debt podcast to the great Dave Ramsey. Since I have an hour drive to and from work, I simply download the podcast to my ipod from the night before and take the ipod with my lunch the next morning. Great listening and it reminds me to stay on task with my personal financial goals.

One other item: I received a letter from my health plan through aetna that is trying to collect payments from a back injury in june. They claim that I received a $1500 check in july from my insurance carrier that I was to use towards mu injuries. At the time I was out of work for a month and needed the money to stay above water. Now they say that it was to be sent directly to them. I have been dealing with the provider to get this lowered. I'm optomistic that they are willing to settle for
lower, but this is the first time dealing with this type of situation. I'm also going to post my bad money habits soon. The idea comes from everybody loves your money and myopenwallet.

Freedom is within grasp, take it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters