The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Friday, March 03, 2006

Seperate Checking Accounts


Ive seperated the checking accounts, BUT FOR A GOOD REASON! We decided to go down to 2 living on 1 income, a thought from Kate Spills the Beans. Since we are trying to live on LESS than we make, we opened another checking account with Bank of America. I have changed my direct deposit with my company which was fairly easy and have begun the process of living on just the wife's paycheck. This will allow us to save approximately $2500-$3000 a month, used towards finishing the emergency fund and beginning tackling our mortgage. I recently have been added to the NCN Network run by No Credit Needed (NCN). Follow the journey with us over there and with many other debt haters too!

Through signing up with Bank of America, they gave me their bonus code of B60 to get me a $60 credit for opening the account, which I "should" receive in about 30-45 days. I like when there are added reasons to open a checking account with no strings. I only need to finish linking it to my ING account when my checks get here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck! Its well worth the effort. Every payday it's like Christmas because you really start seeing your savings grow.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters