The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'm a VICTIM of PETTY THEFT!



I always thought it happens to certain people and I could never be one of them. However this morning I came to the conclusion that I was a victim of petty theft. I was doing my normal morning routine when I came out of my house and jumped in my car to head to work. I noticed that my drivers side back door was not completely closed. I didnt think anything of it because Mrs. Dollar went out to get her coat she had left in it yesterday and I occasionally leave the doors unlocked. When I sat down and started driving I also noticed that my glove box was open. NOrmally I keep a few napkins and scheduled maintenance records in there. I was thinking why would Mrs. Dollar need to go in there? I closed it and moved on with the drive. Then it hit me... my ipod charger! I called my wife thinking she might have taken it with her that morning. She didnt have it. Piecing the puzzle together, my ipod charger was STOLEN! Mind you, we live in a very safe neighborhood with a patrol car right down the street and very rarely does this ever happen. I also want to add that nothing else was taken from the car, I had a phone charger, clip, sunglasses, an expensive travel mug, a couple library books and a DVD to return to a friend. None of those were touched. Rightfully so, I called the police to file a report which they said it has been logged for the area and patrols happen in my neighborhood, so it probably was some bored kids. BORED KIDS???!? Yep, "they are all out of school on spring break", but that shouldnt matter! Maybe this is extreme but I want justice! When I was a bored kid, I made up a game or played with my siblings, not go into peoples cars and take stuff. Anyway, charger loss for the ipod was about $25, however Im still a little ticked today. GRRR

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That just plain sucks. I have been burgled before and it is not a good feeling. Sorry to hear about the theft.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's my shotgun?? We're going huntin'!

Just kiddin. But seriously, I'd be mad too. That's messed up.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Amdollar said...

I'm not too upset with losing the charger as I am with kids these days stealing out of my car.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters