The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Suggestions on Cox Cable? + Wedding Updates


I have cox cable in which they charge me around $100 each month for their cable internet as well as digital cable throughout my home on 5 tvs. Even though its just the two of us I dont know why we have that many, but thats not the point since the cost is the same. Since they pretty much have a monopoly in the area that I live in, its hard to actually haggle with them about their pricing since there is no competition in the area. Until there is, I guess Im stuck with being overcharged or maybe this is just a luxury item that we have to suck up. I really dont care as much as the wife since she needs her oxygen and lifetime. We actually still use an ancient thing called a VCR for recording her "shows" when shes at work. Im curious about getting TIVO, who has a 19.99 special or maybe the digitial recording boxes Cox communications offers.

In other news, its the season for marriage and we have about 3 or 4 couples that are getting married. We are thinking about spending between $50-100 on each couple, so we are trying to make it work in our next months budget. However we still have to buy a dress, shirt and tie and also in one, Im a best man so I have to pick up the tux rental which will set me back about $145.00. Maybe if I had less friends in HS and College this wouldn't seem so costly :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was under the impression that you should gift an amount that would equal the approximate cost of the meal. We are going to a wedding in July and we are expecting to gift somewhere between $150-$200 since each plate will cost between $65-$85. Maybe we are just generous.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Amdollar said...

Thats good advice! I will try to give something within reason since cost wise the plates are going for about the same as yours. I probably will get something from their register at that amount.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters