The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Frustration at the job I hate.


I put my 2 weeks in for my current job because I will be starting my new one in mid-June. Thanks for the great comments and support everyone. Here's what's been bugging me at the office though. Ever since I got my new job and my manager announcing it to the rest of our team, there has been mixed emotions going around the office. Even though there are those rare individuals that are happy you are going to a better place, there are so many that have lashed out with jealousy, anger, frustration and even a dark kind of envy. This has left me to believe that some coworkers that I thought of as friends have for the worst, turned on me. At the same time I'm so excited about not only doubling my income but going to a stress free position of my dreams. So I'm a little mixed inside. I try not to show that I'm happy and try to limit the questions I ask. Example: If I do ask something job related, some coworker says, "well you're not going to be here so why do you care". Well its because its my job still. As you can read in the last post on motivation, or lack there of, its been going on for long enough. I'm over being frustrated. Why can't people just be happy for someone? I've always supported a fellow group member in good decisions. I'm just over being here and can't wait til June 2.

1 Comments:

Blogger freedumb said...

That sucks, but glad you found something better! Working environments can get pretty awkward once work envy starts having a role...Good luck with the new job!

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters