The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Workplace motivation...



While waiting for my results from a final panel interview with a fortune 20 company, I sadly feel less and less motivated at my current job. After my interview, the PMs (project managers) stated that they loved my previous work and showed me around the building and where my team was going to be located. If I'm hired, I am to receive a packet in the mail by Tuesday regarding benefits packages and salary information. At my current job, I will put in my two weeks (one of them being paid vacation). This is to say they are basically paying me to get my items removed from my desk, train my replacement, and leave on good terms. However it is for a lack of a better word... boring. I now feel unmotivated when I goto the office. I have bent over backwards for the past 3 years for this company and they end up screwing me for the last 6 months. So I guess I have no REAL motiviation to work. I know in my mind that I already have gotten the job, so until I leave I am stuck twiddling my fingers and practicing my ping pong in the lounge.


Weekly Quote: Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work.
- Robert Orben

2 Comments:

Blogger Amdollar said...

thanks MM... when i get the job, believe me, i'll post it :)

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job! I just started my new job and I was in the same situation as you. Unfortunately, I had to stay for three weeks -- they were pretty clueless without me and needed to figure out how to do my job -- before taking one week for vacation and then returning to start the new job.

Good luck!

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters