The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wife is pregnant!


A few days ago she mentioned that she had missed her period. I didn't think much of it because she had recently stopped birth control and knew it would affect her cycle dates. When she went to confirm with her GYN today, I got the call around the afternoon yesterday telling me she was about 2-4 weeks pregnant. Needless to say I was a little shocked, but had that "feeling" in the back of my head that told me something was going to happen (dad intuition maybe). So yes she's confirmed pregnant! Yippee! Due date expectancy is around Feb 28, 2007. Its going to be our first child so I'm a little nervous but also excited at the same time. I still think deep down that I'm a child myself, like where has my youth gone? I'm reminded of somone that mentioned to me that 'you really are never 100% prepared for having a kid'. Even though psychologically I may not be "there" yet, but financially I know its coming down the pipe pretty soon. Our goals are still the same to finish her college loan debt by the end of August and then save 10,000 in an emergency fund by mid October. Finishing up some other minor house items, a new fence, landscaped backyard and a baby room with funds by the end of December. Ideas of starting a college fund and where to park it; I think we are going to use t rowe price where our IRAs are being funded. I want to get a jump start on as many expenses as possible before March and maybe set up a 'baby' savings fund. All in all, this will be an exciting 9 months.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Our first just turned 1 a few weeks ago, and I can honestly say it's been the best, most rewarding year of my entire life. It's true, you can never 100% prepare yourself, but that's part of the fun.

1:29 PM  
Blogger freedumb said...

Congrats!!!

3:59 PM  
Blogger sf mom said...

Awesome! Congratulations! Being a parent is the best job you'll ever have.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Amdollar said...

Thanks everyone! We are both very excited.

11:21 PM  
Blogger JLP said...

That's great news! Fatherhood is a total trip! One of our boys will turn 10 on February 5, 2007. Those 10 years have flown by.

Congrats!

JLP

AllFinancialMatters

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters