The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Life: Updated!


After getting very lucky with a new BETTER job closer to home, I have been busy busy busy but will try on a more daily basis to get back to my enjoyment of blogging. My job keeps me on my toes and I have a great group that has now evolved into a second family for me. Personal finance has been on my mind for the past few weeks and more strongly than ever. We are finally getting down to crunch time on our final debt: the student loan. We have $11,800.00 amassed so far to reduce the debt and have approximately 3 weeks left on our time table to complete it. I have enjoyed killing our debt so much that I hate to end it :) LOL. We are still on a budget and counting our pennies diligently. I'm already setting up game plans after the 3 weeks too. I'll explain a piece here and there as the time comes.

On the home front, things are going great. The wife is now 12 weeks pregnant and I've been accompanying her to the GYN appointments. On one occassion I got to hear a little heart beat, which to me was the most fascinating sound. Not to get too emotional there, but that is just an awesome experience for the first time. I do get to participate in some areas of the visit like me asking the doctor questions about food, activities and everything under the sun. Then comes my home improvement update with our backyard being the main project. It's a project that is coming along slowly but it will be all worth it. Plus we are paying everything in cash as we improve. I have updated our networth sheet too and will post more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters