The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Weird hours making life "different"


I dont know if anyone realizes that I work on a crazy schedule during my training time; 3pm - 11pm. Even though I am currently in the back stretch and have about 2 more weeks left, its a different change of pace for me. Normally Im home by 5pm with my wife and just enjoying the company spent with her. Now I just come home and she's already asleep and by the time I go to bed its her time to wake up. Thats a little annoying and also I kinda miss her. It makes the week go by a little faster because I'm independent and only have to worry about myself. Today was the exception where she wanted me to get up a little earlier to go to Target to get a specific fabric softener she loves, I think its called Downy Simple pleasures. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting all my benefit choices out of the way and kick back for the next couple weeks before I actually am "working".

We choose to switch to my company's Anthem HMO plan, so we are covered when she stays at home with our child. It comes with vision and dental packages too. So I have to get that put in by the end of the month. Also upcoming my sister's 13th birthday is coming up and I need to find her a last minute present. She's into her hamsters and Johnny Depp, so I'm thinking of getting her a picture of Johnny depp's head on a hamsters body. Found some great chuck e cheese coupons on the web too to download for Saturday. If you're in town, stop by :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters