The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Friday, September 22, 2006

Enjoying the sunset...


I will admit that I'm not the coolest finance blogger or been here the longest, or any title of the sort but man do I enjoy talking (and reading!) anything personal finance related. When it comes to the topic, you can call me mr. sponge. At the office, we were at the "water cooler" discussing home equity loans, coworkers juggling credit cards, and leasing new BMWs at the best rates. I just keep nodding, because no one really dives into anothers personal finances unless they WANT to talk about it. So I dont offer too many nuggest of advice, but on here, hey I'm as open as a church book on Sunday. Long story short, I like to clear my head by blogging and to ramble on about whats going on paycheck to paycheck. However, I dont know if I'm going to be writing as much now. My wife and I learned to set up a budget, reduce debt, and just live WAY WAY below our means. It gave us a chance to really focus and enjoy the simpler things. 2 years ago we use to go to clubs, dinners, movies, shopping at the mall, target, walmart, anywhere really... last weekend, we dug up the garden, planted flowers, enjoyed the sunset, and talked for hours playing stupid card games... who knows, maybe we ARE maturing... or maybe we're just old souls. On a side note, this weekend she is off to her cousin's wedding shower with her mom and I'm doing house chores, watching some football and playing poker with the guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters