The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Running around like a headless chicken!

COMPLETING ALL of the "new guy" meetings at work and out doing company tasks has got me busy busy busy. Im basically running around like a chicken with its head cut off (can you believe some people at work havent heard of that saying?!?) Anyway, I hardly have time eat a quick sandwich in a sack let alone write a coherent blog post. Alas I have been slacking enough and must get back on track.

Moneywise, we are doing semi-ok. I say "semi" because we have lost all concept of the budget and have been using the debit card (not credit card) to pay for things. We suggested that for the month of November we would try to "wing it" because other than restaurant and grocery money we dont really do much with our money after bills and the savings are completed. Occassionally I've noticed that my wife has given a couple gifts to friends here and there. Also, yesterday she went to a funeral for a friend who lost her husband; such a tragedy that he was so young too. But she pitched in to buy some flowers which I thought was nice. I argued that all she put in was $10 to the group pot? Just spend the $50 and get your friend the nice bouquet, I said. My wife keeps me level headed at these times and says no, that would be overkill. Maybe its good to have that balance. Otherwise the real estate tax and home owners insurance due both this month didnt hit us too hard, since we have been saving all year. This month, I made whats called a HOME FUND, which consists of me trying to save for the 2007 RE tax and HOI before 06 is over. This along with 2 other goals are posted before the year ends. (other goals to come, bc this is getting lengthy and I'm a bit tired, but its good to be back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters