The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Monday, December 04, 2006

Theres alot of baby "stuff"!

It was an interesting weekend but I got through it. I finished some coursework and test for my class, so all I have to do is go to my final exam next Tuesday and I'm good to go. I've decided that its going to be hectic enough for the next couple months and won't take advantage of my company's tuition plan next semester. Because it is FREE and paid for, I may take a couple certification classes but nothing too rigorous given our baby's arrival in late Feb/ early March. Needless to say, we finished getting our crib, purchased the combo set drawers and the bedding to fit on the mattress. I can't imagine all the "stuff" we are going to get from our friends and family, I told her that we shouldnt be buying any more stuff. She insisits on picking out at least one outfit per week and because there was a sale at JC Pennys on baby attire on Friday, we went that night and picked up some MORE outfits. Is there such a thing as too much baby stuff? At least I know the baby won't run out of clothes! Sitting here at work, knowing that I have to stay late til about 7pm, I want the day to go by as fast as possible. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh good, I'm not the only one then. We have one due in April, so I know the feeling! Good luck.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to chuckle when I read about your baby buying craze, although I can't blame you a bit. I was once there too. But take it from this experienced mom of three when I say don't go overboard. The crib is BEAUTIFUL!! Out of my three, only one slept in a crib on a regular basis - $100 Jenny Lind from Target and a $30 mattress. Also, we were told that the third was a boy and so I went on a boy-clothes buying frenzy. "He" turned out to be a "she." And at less than six pounds, none of the clothes we bought fit her anyway. We were expecting a 7-pound boy afterall.

I understand your excitement though. Truly I do!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Amdollar said...

LOL you can see in my latest post that we have a running joke on the boy/girl situation... however the crib we have was sooo expensive but my wife justifies it by saying that it will last our baby a long time and it converts to a regular twin too. I liked the style and sturdiness :P Sounds like you got a good deal on your crib!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters