The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Living the fast paced life..


It seems that the fast paced life or what I thought the fast paced life was like, is over. I can imagine almost a year ago working on our debt, working 2 jobs, fighting time to be with my wife, trying to find time to spend a day just relaxing or hanging with friends drinking a few bottles, etc. is over. Now I dont have to worry about any of that, because Im almost sad to say, but I'm bored out of my mind. Its not like taking care of a baby isnt "work" because believe me, its exhausting. However, for the past 6 weeks, things have kinda slowed down for the both my wife and I. We have adapted to the almost slow paced lifestyle. To a person that has worked in a high stress environment with blackberries and emailing coworkers, needing up to date news on all events, plans, doing spreadsheets and running errands til your so tired you can barely stand or keep your eyes open, its a shock. It doesnt hit you the first few weeks, because your body thinks its a vacation or your too high stressed about the newborn that you think every waking moment about her. Now we have the routine down and loving every moment... til she wakes up again. But it gets boring because you want to use this time to do things like organize the garage, clean the shed, work on the yard, build that shelf, etc. however the baby IS going to need your attention some time. Even though I miss the fast paced lifestyle and change is a good thing, I still miss it. Im so embarassed to even go as far as saying I miss my job.
No updates on the finances, because things have been stagnant. I know... shocking!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I too believe that this fast pace of life sometimes make us more energetic.Good post this one very close to our lives.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AHEM!

http://littlewoolgatherings.blogspot.com/2007/04/i-think-therefore-my-head-is-full-of.html

:-)

10:02 AM  
Blogger james1844 said...

Hey AmDollar,

I can relate to what you mean. My wife recently announced that she wanted to delay having children until she was later along in her career. She likes the fast pace of life in DC also!

Best,

James

12:38 AM  
Blogger james1844 said...

Yes, but what do you get out that fastpaced lifestyle? A great career and probably a better income!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Amdollar said...

Thanks for the comments. I agree that when you feel like you are getting something accomplished, you probably are. I guess we are accomplishing a different goal here. :)

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters