The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Friday, June 15, 2007

My friend wants to hurt me for paying!


Today after having a fun filled day with the baby, my beautiful wife was nice enough to watch our daughter and let me go to dinner with one of my good childhood buddies, whom I haven't seen in months. We left at about 4pm to a nice local chinese restaurant. The conversations are always light, jovial and reminders of yester year, some good and some bad.
Anyway, the check comes to the table and of course the sweet old lady puts both of our orders on the same check (obviously since neither of us said anything being engaged in high school reunion information> by the way, IM NEVER GOING, I hated high school why would I ever think about going back there it made my youth a living hell; see what I mean by being engaged in the conversation?) . Ok, so she brings the check and my good friend picks it up and says I'll get it this time. First off, whenever we eat, we ALWAYS pay our own way. Needless to say, Im shocked at first because he NEVER offers to pay and his situation is he is in grad school making $15K per year before taxes (AHHH!!). So my first instinct was Absolutely not, lets just pay our own. Then my voice took over my thoughts and said, "No, I'll get it this time". Then it became a back and forth battle of who paid for what last and "he never gets to pay" and I have a baby so I need the money... blah blah. So needless to say I went up to the counter and paid and he was pissed. Oh well... he can be such a whiner sometimes, but then I got to thinking...why shouldnt we just agree to pay for ourselves EVERY time? I know he was just offering to be courteous but it just will lead to a big deal about nothing. Since we have been friends for so long, I know he will get over it. I just didnt want to have to feel like mr. money taking HIM out.
Side note: OUR BABY IS 4 MONTHS TODAY! wow she has grown!~ :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters