The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Does working hard ever pay off?

The question lingers does working like a crazy person really pay off? This past week I've worked a little over 50 hours while my wife enjoyed the company of our little 5 month old. Seeing as how I work my butt off from clock in to clock out, I havent seen any returns other than a pat on the back. I'm wondering does it ever come to a point of either burnout or that you are showered with praise, youre happy and then it goes downhill from there. I don't know how long I can keep the upbeat attitude and competitiveness of being a stellar employee. To my standards, I am stellar because everyone praises my performance or I get a noticable glance now and again from the superiors above me. That said, I feel comfortable with the teacher's pet rep and dont care about the envious eyes staring up at me. What has been bothering me, is that I dont know how long I can keep up with this pace. I know I'm going to burn out if I keep going like this and its not really the hours, its the content within those hours that I pack in before I head home. Maybe I need a stress makeover... Since today is saturday, im just going to relax and not worry about my job or money for a change.

1 Comments:

Blogger Telemill said...

Working hard DOES pay off, but working smart pays better. That means you do not work until BURN OUT . . . that is a big no-no. I mean, they wrote in Genesis that even GOD rested on the 7th day. He did alot of work, and then he rested and "looked" at his work.

That's what we are suppose to do. Do alot of stuff, then stop (enjoy it, take a break from it, forget about it).

Then start all over again. But no burn out, please.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters