The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Sunday, July 01, 2007

First Week being the SOLE breadwinner


Last week was my first full week back after being on a 4 month childcare leave. Its amazing that I didnt stay out longer, but my finances probably would not have permitted me such a luxury. Oh well, it actually felt great being back and everyone congratulating me on the birth of our first little one. I was only to perform training exercises and 'getting into the groove' techniques at work because being back after that long, it does shift your reality a bit. Honestly, I really didnt even think about work when I was out, which was in itself my own personal vacation. But it feels good too, being the sole breadwinner, and does put a little pressure on the male ego. Not only do I have to actually work, I have to work harder and smarter because I have a family to support and can't really afford to lose this job. Its a good thing now too that my wife has left her full time job to stay at home with our infant. She is able to get pretty much everything around the house done; chores and all. She likes to space out her time though and make about 1 "trip" outside per day during the week. Because we know its going to be a hectic week with the holiday approaching, that we get the grocery stuff done today, rather than on Monday or wednesday when all the hot dog buns and hamburger condiments are gone. Since I'm off for the 4th, we planned a nice day out, and seeing shes only 4 month, we decided not to go see the fireworks but cookout still and enjoy time with family. Also small reminder, on Thursday, shes going for her shots! *sigh* last time she was really upset. thinking we should give her some baby tylenol before we head out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters