The American Dollar
OUR FAMILY. OUR MONEY. ONE PERSONAL FINANCE BLOG.
One industrious American family's focus on a financial goal of freedom. Through worldly personal finance education, here is our story.
Goals | Portfolio | Subscribe | About Us | Contact Us    
   Home

  Financial Links on the Web
  Bloomberg.com
  CNN Money
  ING Direct
  BankRate
  Morningstar.com
  Craigslist.org
  Mortgage Calculator
  PF Podcasts
  Smart Money

Our Story: Both my wife and I are 27 years old and have gone through financial hell and back. Now we are on track to financial freedom, however we are not financial advisors or professionals, just everyday people. Share our journey from a negative networth and email us if you have questions or comments! :)



RECENT POSTS

Sunday, February 03, 2008

My 6 Month Hiatus~!

Wow what a interesting ride it has been for the past 6 months not really engaging in the blogging world and letting all our personal finances air out. At the time I left, I thought I needed to focus more on my family and my work. Our baby girl was born last February, so my priorities shifted a bit; and dare I say, even my personal finances took a back seat. She is now a happy bouncing almost 12 month old bundle of joy (and craziness!) ; and after sleepless nights, I can finally get back to a somewhat normal routine (at least with my blog and money :) Parenting has definately changed the game up a bit.

Ok so whats been going on? Well if you check my networth, you will find that staggeringly enough, we have maintained our networth having neither decreased or increased too much. However we did purchase a home in early September that we were eyeballing for quite some time. We turned our first home into a rental and had a tenant move in almost instantly. (More on that later...)

I would say our new home is the single biggest purchase of our LIFE so far and though it was such a lengthy process with the stupid idiotic mortgage company (meaning I had to dot their 'i's and cross their 't's), it was worth it. I'll get into more detail later but real quick and dirty, we got a $383k appraised home for roughly $365k including closing costs, but it was really the home of our dreams. So here we are back to financial basics again seeing what we are going to do and how we are going to get there.
Also wanted to mention I got promoted! Working my way up the corporate ladder isnt easy and at 27, I should be grateful. However with my raise and me making the big buckeroos with a crazy amount of responsibility, the flip side is I have to sacrifice my hours at home and be chained to the corporate wheel. Needless to say, I didnt like working long hours even before I got promoted :P

Finally... at least for today... I have to say, Im glad to be back. I cant wait to free my brain again of all the money/ work/ life/ family bumps along this road and actually have an OUTLET for it!~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

www.AMDOLLAR.com is here!

Emergency Fund
40%
$25,000
2007 Roth Contributions
$8,000 Total



special thanks to ajaden webmasters